Pharmacy Technician (Aseptic Unit)
Job Contract: Flexible
Due to our rapid and exciting growth we are looking for a Pharmacy Technician (Aseptic Unit) Band 5 to help fill positions in Derby.
NLG Health is a national framework approved staffing agency, we offer you the flexibility to choose the regularity of your shifts, whether you’re looking to work a couple of shifts a week alongside your permanent job or looking to work full-time hours. In return, you’ll be valued and respected for your professionalism and expertise, feeling fulfilled by the knowledge of a job well done.
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
- Organise own time and be responsible for appropriate delegation of staff and duties.
- Maintain effective channels of communication at all times.
- Comply with policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incidents Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
- Report all accidents and untoward incidents to senior staff and complete electronic reporting system.
- Deliver patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research-based clinical practice.
- By precept and example, to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required..
- Work within a flexible working roster, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff for the patient’s requirements.
- Participate in the on call rota to provide a telephone helpline.
NLG is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client about this vacancy.
To work as a Pharmacy Technician in the NHS, you must have/be:
- Active/Current registration with the GPhC
- Minimum of 12 months current clinical experience
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to adapt to different hospital or clinic environments
- Flexible and reliable
- Have the relevant qualifications needed for the job
- You will also be caring, compassionate and have a commitment to helping people.
- Be able to prepare Medication for Parental use involving skilled aseptic manipulation techniques.
- Be able to prepares worksheets and other batch documentation in accordance with defined standard operating procedures and checks that documents have been completed accurately by other members of the team.
- Assembles raw materials required to prepare aseptic products and checks that the correct raw materials have been assembled by other members of the team.
- Uses the computer to generate labels used on the final product and checks labels prepared by other team members for accuracy.
- Uses pharmacy computer system to book out raw materials and consumables used and to record the manufacture and issue of batches of product..
- Places labels on manufactured products and wraps and seals product ready for final checking..
Work with an agency that works for you
Join the team that has supplied to the NHS and private sector for the last twenty years.
Benefits, it is a big list because we value what you do!
- Very competitive rates of pay
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle
- Work this week and get paid within two days of submitting your timesheet
- Book and manage your shifts through the NLG app
- Health cash plan
- PAYE through NLG
- NHS Framework approved
- Private sector placements
- Complex care in the community
- Highly lucrative referral scheme
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Multi-shift bonus
- Quick and easy registration
- Support 24/7 365 days a year.
“Equality of opportunity is our policy, irrespective of age, disability, gender, race and ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation”
ⓘ Learn more about our values and accreditations